The village of Forest came into being in 1853, with the coming of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The surveyors laying out the railroad were John Gormley, J. Harvey Davis and Lot Dixon. John Gormley platted the town in 1853, the first train passed through in 1854 and the town was incorporated in 1856 on a petition signed by fifty-six voters.
The Village of Forest is located in the northeast corner of Hardin County, Ohio. We are just south of State Route 30 at the US 37/Forest/Mt. Blanchard Exit. Forest is full of small town benefits. Among some of the services and attractions located in Forest are: village swimming pool, parks and ball fields, post office, bank, gas station, restaurants and bars, public library, hair stylists and more!